Maldives named “World’s Most Romantic Destination”
Maldives a longtime favorite destination for honeymooners around the world is named ‘World’s Most Romantic Destination’ at the 2007 World Travel Awards 14th Annual Gala Ceremony held on the islands of Turks & Caicos, Caribbean, on December 12, 2007.
In addition Maldives won in the Indian Ocean’s category as follows.
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Destination – Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Dive Destination – Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Diving Resort – Angsana Resort & Spa Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Resort – Hilton Maldives Resort & Spa
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Spa Resort – Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Tourist & Convention Bureau – Maldives Tourism Promotion Board
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Travel Agency – Inner Maldives Holidays
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Villa – Baros Residence, Baros Maldives
The global winners of the World Travel Awards for 2007 were announced at a star-studded ceremony on the island of Providenciales, from votes cast by 167,000 tourism professionals and agents who were asked to vote. Next year’s voting register is likely to be even greater, due to the unprecedented levels of interest and expectation.
Hailed as the ‘Oscars of the travel industry’, World Travel Awards have been attracting media attention from all corners of the globe.
9 thoughts on “Maldives named “World’s Most Romantic Destination””
CONGRATULATIONS to MALDIVES and MALDIVIANS.
As Maldives continue to receive awards, we would really appreciate if government of Maldives try to distribute this rich industry to people of this nation, instead of giving this industry to 3 or 4 richest person of this country. when bed rent for some resorts are few hundreds while others are higher than 30,000 USD…
Congratulations Innar Maldives and specially Mohamed Firag. Well done
Congratulations to Maldives and hard working force of Maldivians who are in tourism industry.
Hi there industry colleagues’
CONGRATS AND GREAT WAY TO WISH HAPPY NEW YEAR.
this is just a beginning, way to go…let’s catch the best all round next time.
congratulations! to the hard working people from the outer islands
Congratulations to all my fellow Maldivian friends!